Thursday, February 3, 2011

Inspirations of creativity

It's amazing how anything truly can be an inspiration to your soul. You look around, you see a color, a texture or the architecture of a building and you are inspired to create something, take a photograph, sketch or paint your bathroom the color of the title of the magazine on your coffee table.  I did that... Dwell magazine had the "Dwell" in a rusty, coppery red tone... I was CRAZY in love with the color of the font.  Fortunate for me, I took it to the local hardware hank, he scanned it, poured it, mixed it and I was off to paint the hall bath. 6 coats of paint later it was PERFECT!  I miss that bathroom now that I'm divorced.  Lesson learned.

I've been to a few business seminars lately and the buzz words are PERSONAL BRANDING.  What is your personal brand.  How do you sell yourself.  What makes you...well you.  Your look, your talents, your education... your creativeness.   If you aren't happy with your brand...well change the brand.  With that in mind, I was inspired to take a look at my brand and ask myself... self do you like what you see?

Madonna is notorious for constantly changing and evolving and reinventing herself.  Why can't we?  how do we get there?  I don't know about you, but I'm a visual person.  I've been low on art creativity with the lack of sunshine lately, so I've invested my time in creating my Personal Branding Journal.   It contains everything from fashion, music, articles, poetry, visual aides, yoga, weight loss, diet, cooking etc.  whatever moves me goes into the journal.  I thought it may be a waste of space and efforts, but the time it takes to work on it, gives me the time to take for myself.  It forces me to think about me and only me.  Without a strong and confident me, there is no strong and confident relationships with others...

Do you need a change in brand?  Create a new you... let's get started!









1 comment:

  1. I'm just starting an art journal. Check out the little video on the right of this site: http://www.smashstoriesblog.com/ - I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete