Sunday, January 30, 2011

The feeling of earth between my fingers... and toes?

I've been contemplating my next art project... I was thinking mosaic flower pots for my ever growing balcony garden at home, however, I'm not fully committed to it in my head.

In viewing some new blogs I think I found my inspiration....POTTERY!  Yup, I want to finally conquer the wheel.  Ok, I realize conquer is a strong word.  Maybe just make friends with it so that I can get some mildly normal looking bowl to put "things" in.  I did ceramics in high school and still have pieces around my home that take me back to the day. At my age the memory is going, so it's good to still have "concrete" pieces around to remind me.

I find that I'm a great supporter of local pottery artists... I have more coffee cups, vases and bowls than one family needs.  But I think there will be a certain level of accomplishment when I'm holding the lopsided, 1/2 glazed yellow round thing in my hands.

Does anyone know of a great place in Louisville to take a class that is decent and won't break the bank?

No comments:

Post a Comment